Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Houser-ific SNAP start.

Sorry for the delay:
Saturday: Went shopping at Aldi with plan in hand. Best shopping experience ever with Houser, no fighting over high priced food. 

Sunday: An apple drops on the floor when I was unloading the bag into a bowl. I though I better use that one quickly. Lilly asked what was for breakfast. I told her eggs, toast and apples. She said she'd skip the apples. 

Monday: I realized I convenience shop. I have too much in my fridge and pantry that I don't use or need. This may be my biggest lesson.

Tuesday:  We are still going strong and who knew you can make homemade enchilada sauce.  Elyssa asked for it again and Lilly ate it sans black beans.  GO PROTEIN!

I know the food we are eating is not the best quality, but I am more concerned than usual as to what the kids are putting in their mouths. I also see food having more value than I once did.

We will see how the week goes. Who will be the grumpiest when we are down to oatmeal and sandwich bread?


No comments:

Post a Comment